Welcome to my little world of digital scrapbooking. I hope you enjoy these freebies as much as I enjoyed making them and that during your brief visit you will receive a sense of satisfaction and well-being. Come back and visit again real soon and have a God-filled day.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Week's end

Here it is Saturday night and the week is over. Can't for the life of me figure out what I accomplised this week. We worked on budgets at work, or rather everyone else did and I just supplied them with costs. Went to breakfast Wednesday with my Girlfriends Unlimited from church. That was fun. Forgot to go to my breakfast at Laurie's house this morning. That was not fun. I got too busy on the phone this morning solving family issues that I forgot all about it until it was too late. I seem to do that alot lately.

I had a wonderful online chat Monday night with the wonderful ladies at Heritage Scrap for our Life Book Challenge we are working on. They are definitely a hoot. I need to get busy on the life book I am doing on my mother-in-law Ella for her birthday. I have several pages done, but need to get more. This week is the Memories page. I think I will do one on their stay in England.

There is another challenge going on at Heritage Scrap called the Easter Hat Challenge. We are supposed to do a LO on some of the hats our ancestors wore. But I looked through all my pictures and not a one of them were wearing hats. Does that mean my ancestors had no class or style? So anyway, I decided to do a LO on the one who does have class and style (and it's the only hat picture I had). So here it is is.













Don't you just love those clothes? And see, we even found hats to wear, just like our ancestors should have worn. Not sure where we got those clothes, but I bet we were the best-dressed kids on the block. That's my cousin Linda on the right, and she definitely has class and style now. She is married to a retired Navy Captain and drives a Lexus. That is definitely class for this little ole redneck.

Did you know that you might be a redneck if you've been married three times and you still have the same in-laws?

1 comment:

Dana Lea - SU Stamper! said...

neat page. :)

may I make a suggestion? Along the top, in a smaller sized font then the "We Remember" words, write "Micki and Linda" and underneath write the year (month too if you know it). One of the reasons for scrapbooking is to preserve memories... will we know who "me" is later on? Think of all the really old photos you have with no information on who's in it or when it was taken. But again, it's just a suggestion.