Welcome to my little world of digital scrapbooking. I hope you enjoy these freebies as much as I enjoyed making them and that during your brief visit you will receive a sense of satisfaction and well-being. Come back and visit again real soon and have a God-filled day.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

More Layout Challenges

Got back last night from Trinity Pines where we had our Ladies Retreat. It was absolutely beautiful weather the whole weekend. And the place was really gorgeous, although I wasn't really enthused about their food. When you are a picky eater like I am, it doesn't help to have someone decide what I am going to eat. They had one meal only which they handed you on a plate when you walked into the dining hall. The first night there they gave me a plate with chicken and a bunch of green stuff. Yuck! I do not like vegetables. The food was good, I just wish I could have had a better selection for my finicky palate.

We had a really good time. It was great meeting some new people and being able to put faces to the names. The videos were Beth Moore and these were pretty good. I like Beth Moore, but I do have my issues with some of her videos. We crammed a lot into the 24 hour period, which left this old body very tired when I got home. And bad me, I didn't even get up and go to church this morning. I just slept in.

So here are two new layouts I did for some new challenges at Heritage Scrap. The first one is with the kit Fabulous Fifties by Roberta T. Designs. This was a fun kit to use. I was only a kid during the 50's but I figured this picture of me in front of the car would work. It shows the 50's style car of my parents.












You can find this wonderful kit here.

The next layout is one I did for the Easter challenge using one of Victoria's Easter kits. I used both of them: Old Fashioned Easter and Elsie's Easter Violets, both at Heritage Scrap. This is a picture that was taken quite a few years ago up in Giddings. Of course the three older kids are mine; Dana, Travis and Brandi, along with their young cousins Laura and David. This is the only picture that I know of that was taken of all five kids, the only grandchildren of Jack and Ella. Laura and David live in Michigan and this was the only trip to Texas they both took. This page will also go into Ella's Life Book that I am making for her birthday.












You can find these kits here and here.

No comments: