Welcome to my little world of digital scrapbooking. I hope you enjoy these freebies as much as I enjoyed making them and that during your brief visit you will receive a sense of satisfaction and well-being. Come back and visit again real soon and have a God-filled day.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bad Stove, Bad Bad Stove

Now this is a first. How often do you open the oven door while cooking dinner and have the door fall off in your hands? Well that happened to Ryan Friday night. He tried to put the door back on but that was impossible. He finished cooking dinner while all the heat escaped into the kitchen. One of the burners had not been working when we moved in and another had gone out since. Now this. And our landlord stated in our lease that he would not repair or replace the stove or refrigerator. Our landlord does not want to spend any money on this house; he only wants to collect the rent.

So we went to Sears and bought a new stove today. We took Bob's credit card with us as it felt lonely because it never gets used. We bought the stove on a 12 month, no payment, no interest special, and on sale too. This will give me a year to pay it off and not incur any interest charges. I like buying that way. I get it now and still don't have to pay interest. I bought my washer and dryer from Home Depot that way and managed to pay it off in plenty of time.

Here's a picture of our broken stove and you can click here to see the new stove that will be delivered Tuesday. The new dining room table and chairs will also be delivered Tuesday too. There are some advantages to DD being at home all day and not working.

This has been a very hard weekend. I spent all day Friday and Saturday re-formatting my computer because of the virus I had. Then I had to re-install all my programs, which was very time consuming. Then the bad thunderstorm we had on both those days. Our back yard fronts on a big grassy area and then the school, and this was nothing but a huge lake. I tried to put the dog out Saturday night because he kept barking that he wanted to go out, but each time I took him to the back door, he took one look outside and backed up. I tried to grab his collar and he actually dug his feet in and we had a tug-of-war. He was smart enough not to want out.

So the upstart is that I have not had time to do any scrapping this week. I met Travis and his gang Wednesday night at Joe's Crab Shack for dinner to celebrate Kelsee's 14th birthday. Fourteen years old!! She will be entering high school this fall. Oh, and BTW, she made the cheerleading squad. Way to go Kelsee!

Here are pictures of our night out at Joe's.


This is Kelsee with her scrapbook I made her. She really seemed to like it. And I had fun doing it. Now I can start on Ashlyn's as her birthday is next.

This is Kelsee being a very good sport. Dana told the waitress that it was Kelsee's birthday, so this is what she had to do for the entertainment.

And this is my sweet granddaughter and me. Isn't she gorgeous?

2 comments:

Dana Lea - SU Stamper! said...

What do you mean, "Dana told the waitress it was her birthday", I did no such thing. All I did was bring her balloons. The waitress can read. And when she asked, it's her birthday? it was Ashlyn who was quick to agree. Not me. :)

Micki Hall said...

My Bad. Guess I better be careful of throwing accusations out without all the facts (and just the facts).