Welcome to my little world of digital scrapbooking. I hope you enjoy these freebies as much as I enjoyed making them and that during your brief visit you will receive a sense of satisfaction and well-being. Come back and visit again real soon and have a God-filled day.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dogs can be smarter than people

I have to tell you about our dog Sam. He is a one-year old yellow Lab who is the friendliest dog you can find. He loves chewing on things and over the course of the nine months we have had him, he has chewed up a lot of stuff. He loves my granddaughter Randy and sleeps next to her whenever possible. The other morning when I left for work, Randy was sleeping in the recliner chair, side to side, and Sam was sleeping on top of her. All I saw was her head and feet sticking out from under Sam. Most of his body was scrunched in between Randy and the back of the chair, but a lot of it spilled over onto Randy.

Sam has a habit of letting my son-in-law Ryan know when he wants something. He will go up to Ryan and bark at him. The other night, Ryan was sitting in the recliner when Sam came up and starting barking at him. Ryan, figuring that Sam needed to go outside, got up and started walking towards the back door to let him out. As soon as Ryan was clear of the chair, Sam jumped up into it and settled down for his nap. Sam wanted the chair and Ryan was in his way. And it worked too, because Ryan just moved over to the rocking chair and continued to watch TV. No wonder Sam is king of the household.

The kids start back to school next week. During the summer time they stay up quite late and usually make enough noise to keep me up. They go to bed much earlier during school, but they make way too much noise in the mornings before I have to get up. There are lots of Back To School kits available (check out the Back To School Blog here for an enormous free collab kit by over 100 designers.) So I made this cute little sunflower pot for you.

Sunflowers & Clay Pot

(Link has been fixed. Sorry about that)

You can download it here. Have a God-filled day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 13 post on Sep. 03, 2009. Thanks again.

Victoria said...

I was unable to download the cute flowerpot. When I clicked on the link it said I did not have any files to upload. Looks like the link is invalid.

I'll keep checking back to see if it gets fixed.

Thanks!

Twinkle Mom said...

Good morning! The freebie looks very lovely. I tried to download it but it (the link) led me to the file site and had a message saying "not able to upload file" but no file itself.

Hoping the file is still available!