Welcome to my little world of digital scrapbooking. I hope you enjoy these freebies as much as I enjoyed making them and that during your brief visit you will receive a sense of satisfaction and well-being. Come back and visit again real soon and have a God-filled day.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

June Color Challenge

I get lots of emails from various different digiscrapping sites that I visit. Some I buy from and some I just browse their forums and galleries. Yesterday I received an email from Plain Digital Wrapper about their June Color Challenge. I guess I had never noticed this particular challenge, or else the colors just intrigued me, or maybe it is because I have finished Ashlyn's book and now need to do Randy's. Whatever the reason, I decided to participate in this challenge.

So here is the color chart they gave us to work with.













Now it just so happened that I had a pretty good picture of Randy that was taken at Ashlyn's birthday party that would work good with these colors. But starting from scratch with my own elements and paper, etc, is a little bit harder than pulling in items from kits. So it took me awhile longer on this. With a little imput from Brandi, here is what I came up with for the layout.













The challenge said we could make a layout or a mini-kit, or both. So since I created everything to make the layout, I decided to put it all together into a mini-kit too. And I also converted my layout to a quick page. I added a few more papers to round it out. The pink flower is a template from Atomic Cupcake and the sun is a CU freebie from JosDZigns. It is not included in the kit but you can visit her blog at http://www.ccountry.net/~gmimlost/JosDZigns.html. The clip art is from Country Clip Art Graphics by Tina. Here is the preview for the kit.




This kit is for personal use only and you can get it here.

You can find the quick page here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 13 post on Sep. 03, 2009. Thanks again.